Gompers Preparatory Academy is a 6th-12th Grade charter school offering all students:
- A WASC (Western Association of Schools & Colleges) accredited college preparatory curriculum designed to prepare students with the necessary academic and social skills for college and beyond
- A wide variety of electives: Musical Production for Grades 9-12 (Dance and Choir), Computers, Digital Animation, Associated Student Body (ASB), and Foreign Language
- UCSD college tutors and mentors supporting students in a variety of academic settings
- Dedicated teachers and staff working towards accelerated academic achievement for all students
- Campus Life Experience for students in Encore
- REACH (Respect, Enthusiasm, Achievement, Citizenship and Hard Work) values taught to build character education
- A college-prep uniform
Gompers Preparatory Academy is open to all students in 6th–12th grade who reside within the boundaries of the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) and other local districts.
Dates and DeadlinesPriority Enrollment Period (New Students Only)
Friday, October 15, 2021 – Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Opportunity to Enroll Notice (New Students Only)
Re-enrollment (Current Students)
The application period for new students is closed for the 2021-2022 school year. We currently have a waitlist for all grade levels. Parents/guardians interested in having their child/children attend GPA will have an opportunity to submit an online intent to enroll application. The 2022-2023 online priority enrollment period is scheduled to open Friday, October 15, 2021 and close on Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
A lottery will take place if the desired grade level enrollment target is surpassed during the priority enrollment period. If the desired grade level enrollment is not reached after the close date, students will be enrolled in the order applications were received until the grade level enrollment target is achieved. Once grade level enrollment is reached, after the priority enrollment period has ended, a waiting list will be enacted.
Re-enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic school year is closed. All current students will have an opportunity to re-enroll for the next academic school year, 2022-2023. Re-enrollment begins in early Spring 2022.
2022-2023 Enrollment Application
Education Code Section 47605(d)(4)(D)
GPA shall not discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in the charter school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil. GPA shall not request a pupil’s records or require a parent, guardian, or pupil to submit the pupil’s records to the charter school before enrollment. GPA shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil. This subparagraph shall not apply to actions taken by a charter school pursuant to the procedures described in subparagraph (J) of paragraph (5) of subdivision (c). GPA shall provide a parent or guardian, or a pupil if the pupil is 18 years of age or older, a copy of this notice at all of the following times: When a parent, guardian, or pupil inquires about enrollment, before conducting an enrollment lottery and before disenrollment of a pupil. A person who suspects that GPA has violated this paragraph may file a complaint with the chartering authority.