The application process consists of four steps:
Step 1 – Preliminary Phone Interview:
- Current CA Credential in subject area you are applying for is required or completion required by position start date.
- NCLB Compliance in subject area required.
- CBEST/CSET/CLAD Certification required.
- All requested document attached to Ed Join Application.
- The candidate demonstrates experience with strong classroom management skills and an ability to differentiate instruction.
- Candidates who have experience and a belief system aligned with GPA are preferred candidates.
Step 2 – Formal In Person Interview:
Prior to the oral interview, you will be given fifteen minutes to respond to a writing prompt. You will be given an area to work before turning in your essay.This interview will consist of formal questions by a GPA staff member.
Step 3 – Demo Lesson/Second Interview
If applying for a teaching position, a live demonstration lesson with GPA students is required and it will be recorded. If you have been contacted to schedule a demo, please click here for resources.
Second interview will be held by department supervisor. An observation/shadowing of department will be required.
Step 4 – Third Interview with the Director:
Final step in the application process. You will view your demo video with the Director and evaluate the lesson.
*Candidates who make it beyond step one in the interview process will be contacted regarding the status of the position as soon as the position is offered and accepted by the chosen candidate.